University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
UB Law School, Tax Clinic
The College of William & Mary, B.A.
Notre Dame Preparatory School
Affiliations & Recognition
Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), Member
Business Law Section Council, MSBA, Member
Kappa Alpha Theta, Member
William & Mary Varsity Lacrosse, Alumna
Sacred Heart Glyndon, Advisor, School Advisory Board (2015-2018)
Notre Dame Preparatory, Director, Board of Directors (2000-2006)
Jennifer Brennan focuses her practice on advising businesses and businesspeople on commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions and buy-outs, contracts, and general business governance, with a particular focus in business growth strategies, real estate, and estate planning for businesspeople. Jennifer also serves as outside counsel to in-house counsels of larger companies.
Jennifer assists clients in addressing day-to-day business matters, corporate governance and compliance issues, and matters that arise throughout the full business lifecycle. Jennifer performs such legal services as the following:
- forming business entities and advising on business structures and state of formation
- preparing tailored operating, organizational, governance, and shareholder agreements
- preparing key employee incentive agreements, stock option plans, and restrictive covenant agreements
- preparing buy-sell agreements and managing the complete sale, merger, or acquisition process
- drafting and negotiating commercial leases
- negotiating, drafting, and reviewing contracts
- settling disputes
- counseling on management issues, contractor/vendor disputes, and general employment issues
- managing dissolution or termination of the business
- succession planning and sophisticated estate planning
Before becoming an attorney, Jennifer spent more than a decade in management consulting and in direct business management, where she worked in all types of business sectors and with entities ranging from large, international firms to local, family-owned firms, and national start-ups. Leveraging that hands-on business experience, Jennifer is a true partner to her business clients and owners. Jennifer gets to know her clients intimately, and they enjoy that she aims to be as knowledgeable about their business as they are.